Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect the following Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Services: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information to us, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, register for access to the Application or use certain Services. This information may include: (1) email address; (2) phone number; (3) Facebook ID; (4) Apple ID; and/or (5) photos or GIFs if shared with other Users on the Service. The Services may also allow you to update your status, comment on other Users’ statuses and Personal or Compatibility Readings (defined below), communicate with other Users, and upload photos and videos. When you take such actions, you may provide us with Personal Data. Please note, to upload photos and videos to the Service, you may allow access to your camera and photo album.
Astrological Information: We collect information provided from you, including: (1) your name or alias; (2) birthdate; (3) the time of your birth; (4) the country, state, and city of your birth; (5) your gender preference; (6) username; (7) location; and (8) photo (if uploaded) to create your profile.
Automatically Passively Collected Data: When you interact with CL Astrology through the Site, we and third parties that provide functionality on the Site may engage, receive, collect and store certain types of information through automatic data collection tools including cookies and similar technologies (as described in more detail below), and encrypted authentication tokens and similar technology. When you interact with us through the Application, we also collect information automatically using different technologies. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, may include but is not limited to information about your device and referring/exit pages. CL Astrology may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by CL Astrology affiliates, agents or service providers. The Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. Such information that we collect will allow CL Astrology to make educated decisions on how to improve the Site and provide a better product Site experience for our users.
Cookies and Similar Technologies: In operating the Site, we may use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the device that hosts our Site gives to your browser when you access the Site. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Site without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. Cookies are not used within the mobile Application.
Aggregated Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve Users of the Services, CL Astrology may conduct research on our Users’ its customer demographics, interests, location, and behavior engagement with the Services based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and CL Astrology may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners for any purpose. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. CL Astrology may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Location Information: Our Services may collect and use your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device), only as it relates to your time zone or general location, to provide certain functionality of our Services (for example, push notifications at a specific local time). Your location information will only be used for internal purposes. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the “Aggregated Personal Data” section.
Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt out from receiving these communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
Device Information: We may collect information about your device while you use the Service. Such information may include device type, device family, operating system, carrier, unique device id, time zones, browser type, version, and language.
Usage Information: We may collect information regarding your activity while using the Service. Such information may include login day and time, features visited or used, latitude, longitude, and searches within the Service.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Notice to California Residents: Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), data collected by CL Astrology may fall under the following categories of “personal information:”
- Identifiers: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other identifiers;
- Customer records information: Name, physical characteristics or description, address, or telephone number;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: Race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (if you choose to provide such information);
- Commercial information: (not relevant to CL Astrology)
- Biometric information: Height;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: (not relevant to CL Astrology);
- Geolocation data: Mobile device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: Photos, videos;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information (non-public); and
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Data we collect:
- The right to know what Personal Data we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Data;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Data; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We do not and will not sell your Personal Data, therefore, please note that if you wish to have your personal information deleted from our databases, you must delete your account with CL Astrology.
Exercising Your Rights
California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
In order to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Data. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Data for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Data. Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Data through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
CL Astrology is not and will not be in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data in the following circumstances without further notice to you:
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: CL Astrology, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions and to help us understand and improve the use of our Services. Examples of such functions include web hosting, maintaining databases and processing payments. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with providing the Services.
- Legal Requirements: CL Astrology may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of CL Astrology, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Readings and Other Users: Your name and profile picture (if you choose to provide them one) will be visible to all Users. CL Astrology may use your Personal Data to periodically generate personalized insights about you based on astrological positions (“Personal Readings”) and, when requested by you or another User, insights about your compatibility with other Users (“Compatibility Readings”). Your Personal Readings and Compatibility Readings will include your username and profile photo but will not disclose your date of birth, birth place or gender, but they may indirectly disclose other Personal information related to your Personal Data to Users. Your Personal Readings and any status updates, photos, videos, and comments you share through the Services (“Shared Content”), may appear in the feeds of Users you befriend through the Services (“Friends”). Your Friends may use the Services and Social Media Services (defined below) to share your Shared Content with other Users and third parties. Your Friends may also see your Personal Readings by viewing your profile. Any User can generate a Compatibility Reading with you and share that Compatibility Reading through the Services and/or on Social Media Services. The Services may suggest that you connect with another User that has recently received Personal Readings similar to your own. The Services may attempt to facilitate this connection by sharing your username, profile photo, and a brief summary of your Personal Reading with such Users.
Links to Other Third-Party Websites or Mobile Applications
Integrating Social Media Services
You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Media Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Media Services you have enabled will be able to view, comment, and react to such activity.
CL Astrology implements technical and organizational measures and takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, neither the Internet nor any email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. CL Astrology cannot and does not guarantee that any Personal Data provided to CL Astrology will not become public under any circumstances. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to CL Astrology via the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at clastrology.com/terms-of-use and CL Astrology App in the App Store and Google Play.
If you are using CL Astrology Services from outside of the United States, you expressly acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data and other information will be processed in the United States and in other countries. Privacy and data security laws may be less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in your country of residence. You expressly consent to the processing of your Personal Data and other information in accordance with this Policy.
UK and EU GDPR Rights
Under UK and EU law, users have certain data protection rights as it relates to their personal information collected by businesses and organizations. CL Astrology embraces transparency and is committed to providing its users all their data protection rights. Every user utilizing our Services is entitled the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request CL Astrology for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CL Astrology correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CL Astrology to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that CL Astrology erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request CL Astrology restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to notification – You have the right to be notified regarding any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CL Astrology transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CL Astrology’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to certain protections related to automated individual decision-making, including profiling – You have the right not to be the subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, under certain conditions.
If you choose to exercise any of the above rights, we will respond within one month. Please send any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Information
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please update your profile or contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.